Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Clipse vs. Cassidy: Who is telling the truth?




My dude Gabe and I have been beefing today. He likes Cassidy ("The Hustler" as he puts it) and I like The Clipse.

Judd's Opinion: Cassidy is the most fake "fake thug" of all time. His raps are corny and he just strikes me as a bitch. That "I'm a hustler" song has a good beat, then Cassidy comes on and ruins it. I like The Clipse because they find the most innovative and clever ways to rap about selling drugs and various other ignorant shit. They are so fun to listen to and their production is almost always good.

Gabe's Opinion: Cassidy is a way more talented rapper. I don't understand why Judd (and others) think Cassidy is faking but the Clipse are telling the truth. I don't see proof one way or the other (except Cassidy did just get out of jail for manslaughter). The Clipse remind me of Mobb Weak, are not original, and ride Pharell's coattails, plus they did a song with Justin Timberlake. Even though they are all ignorant, Cassidy is less ignorant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home