Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Killa Season Sucks


Let me preface this by saying that I'm a pretty big Dipset fan. I've been fucking with Cam for a long time (no homo), so naturally I was curious to check out his new movie, Killa Season, and find out what all the hype was about. I'm sad to report that the movie is horrible. It's perhaps the strongest evidence against rappers trying to act since Get Rich or Die Trying and I bet Cam is probably a worse actor than Fif. Camron and fellow dipsetters Hell Rell and Juelz pretty much hang out and or kill people for a full 2 hours and 2 minutes. It's all terrible with the exception of two parts. The first is the intro to the film, where the audience is treated to vintage footage of Camron and Mase playing high school ball together in Harlem. That's cool. The other part is the seemingly amateur video type footage of Cam and the rest of Dipset on a trip to Magic City in Atlanta. I think I'm the only Jewish kid from Charlestown to have ever set foot in Magic City so that scene really resonated with me. And then of course there is the scene where Cam beats a dood with a bottle and proceeds to urinate on him. And of course the scene where he spits on a 12 year old girl's face and calls her a "bitch." Anyway, if you don't believe me, check what the good people at the Village Voice thought of the film. I'm definitely dumber for having sat through the entire thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home