Saturday, March 24, 2007

Hibiscus Exclusive: Para One Interview


Para One did this interview while we were eating brunch on the island. He played the Ed Banger show last night and we're still waiting for our hearing to return.

JK> What are you wearing right now?

PO> A Ralph Lauren polo, Ralph Lauren Shorts, Ralph Lauren flip flops. Ray Ban Wayfarers.

JK> How was the show last night?

PO> Bangin. The night was crazy. We're all deaf.

JK> Who are you and what do you do?

PO> I am Jean-Baptiste de Laubier, I'm 27. I live in Paris. I produce french rap act TTC. I am a solo artist. I am touring worldwide right now.

JK> What's up with the name "Para One"?

PO> Long story. You don't wanna know.

JK> When did you start making music?

PO> I started rapping at the age of 13. Never stopped since.

JK> How long have you been down with Institubes?

PO> Since the very beginning - actually, I was around when they started it. These people are my best friends.

JK> When/How did you connect with TTC?

PO> We had an ITW together in 2000. We realized we were all neighbors. We started hanging out, drinking beer, playing Tony Hawk. Then came the music.

JK> Favorite restaurant?

PO> Le Sept/Quinze, av. Lowendal, Paris. I can see it from my window.

JK> Favorite artist?

PO> Chris Marker.

JK> Favorite 3 rappers?

PO> Big L, Notorious BIG, Snoop

JK> Favorite place to go shopping?

PO> Harajuku, Tokyo, Japan.

JK> Favorite 3 clothing brands?

PO> Lacoste, Fred Perry, Ralph Lauren

JK> What do the next 5 years look like for you?

PO> Being around the world, writing my movie, shooting it, editing it, doing my second album, doing my third album, changing my name, making music for films, producing more rap, skiing, being in love, having a child. Maybe two.

More Para One on Virb or you can google him. Check for him next September when he'll be back in the states for a US tour with the Institubes crew.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home