Monday, July 31, 2006

Today I went here for a haircut because I heard all the hype that Rudy's is the haircut jump off in Seattle. They have like 15 locations on the West Coast but I went to the original one because I wanted the authentic experience. Ha! It was surprisingly inexpensive for a buzz but I got a pretty mediocre hair cut. The atmosphere was kind of nice though (art installation on the back wall and show posters tacked up all over the place), so whatever.I really dig Seattle. It's a cool place. Capitol Hill is where all the design shops and cool boutiques are at/around. I went to a bunch of places that I researched on Superfuture but I was kind of disappointed with the selections I found. It seemed like every store carried the same NYC brands like ANYTHING and IRAK. No diss to them but that stuff is kind of becoming a dime a dozen. It's getting to a point where it's too repetitive and non-progressive. What ever happened to the concept of NEW IMAGERY? I did manage to find a pair of sneakers that I'm pretty siked about at a store called GOODS-which is the Alife of Seattle. They had an OK installation by Stussy in the store but it was nothing worth taking a picture of. The staff was very cool though. I also checked out a furniture shop called Area 51 that had some cool stuff. It didn't have super high end design but reminded me of A Future Perfect in Williamsburg.Graffiti I've seen here: SOBER from NYC, ADEK TKO from San Fran, KUMA from NYC, CECSTER from NYC, the homey KATSUE from NYC, KERSE from Seattle or maybe San Fran (been digging his stuff for a minute!), a bunch of BTM crew stuff (not feeling it), some KYT crew stuff (not feeling it) and some other TKO stuff(all looks the same).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home